How To Make A Southwest Beef Brisket Rub
None Beef Brisket is the pride of Texas but with the addition of some smokey cumin to this brisket rub anyone from the southwest part of the US would be happy with this bbq rub!
Basic BBQ Rub Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons kosher, sea or coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves, dried
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
To Make Your Rub:
You’ll want to mix up all your ingredients in a large bowl and apply the rub evenly to your brisket about 6 hours prior to your smoke. you can store your bbq rub in a zip lock bag for several weeks as long as the bag is air tight. You can store your bbq rubs in any cool dry place you would like.